Legal Manager Interfood
Our client is a leading global supplier of dairy ingredients, products, and solutions. The company serves over 7,000 clients worldwide, including some of the biggest players in FMCG like Nestlé, Danone, and Unilever. Its milk powders, fats, and associated products form the basis for, e.g., ice creams, beverages, chocolates, and confectionaries. Additionally, they are highly active in the fast-growing dairy derivatives markets across the world, ensuring price risk management solutions for its buyers and suppliers. The trading company makes a difference with its constant strive for quality, up-to-date knowledge, and a profound focus on service. With more than 350 professionals in 14 global offices they are thriving thanks to close collaboration and long-term ties with solid business partners. Whether for customers or suppliers, the goal has always been clear: to deliver better products, better services and informed insights about the industry.
Jobdescription Legal Manager Interfood
To strengthen the legal team (which consists of one legal counsel) we have a great opportunity for an ambitious legal counsel who is seeking growth on both a business and personal level. This role operates in close conjunction with the commercial and corporate functions such as Finance, IT, HR and increasingly the Sustainability department and provides all legal services as required by these functions. Most important: Position the legal function as a commercial, trusted and respected Business Partner for all disciplines at the company and develop and execute on a Legal Strategy that promotes and protects the interest of it.
You will report to the Head of Treasury M&A and Corporate Development.
If you are familiar with and are energized by further professionalizing the legal department this could be exactly the next step you are looking for!
You are responsible for the day-to day Legal Management. Some highlights of the legal position:
• Drafting, negotiating, advising and protecting the legal terms of standard and non-standard commercial transactions.
• Maintaining, improving and ensuring compliance with laws, legal policies and procedures in all jurisdictions Ithey operate in and stand for corporate governance with standard terms and conditions.
• Providing legal support for non-standard cross border business deals including new types of projects particularly in the sustainability area that require an alternative legal approach.
• Providing Legal support in cases of disputes, claim settlements and arbitrations, including liaising with and manage external lawyers.
• Create efficiency and effectiveness by using preferably technological based tools (AI) and solutions in the provisioning of legal services.
• Provides proactive legal support, assistance and advice to the Board of Directors, Executives and Senior Management.
You can act as an ambassador internally and externally for the values of our client and promote and execute cross-functional and international collaboration across the business at the highest ethical standards. You are able to deal with uncertainty and ambiguity of new business initiatives and helps the business to identify and understand certain “unknowns” and to translate these into quantifiable risks. You understand the needs of other disciplines in the organisation and you are able to act as a connector, coordinator and catalyst to achieve the desired outcome. You are familiar with complex stakeholder management.
Requirements Legal Manager Interfood
What can you offer:
University master’s degree in Law. You have gained at least 10 year of legal experience, either as a lawyer within a reputable law firm and/or as an in-house legal counsel in an international environment. You have experience in managing complex cross border non-standard transactions. You are experienced in managing a (small) team of lawyers/paralegals before. Fluent in both Dutch and English.
A few of your competences:
• Strong communication and listening skills.
• Fast thinker: Manages complexity: makes sense of complex, high quantity, and sometimes contradictory information to effectively solve problems.
• Instills trust: gains the confidence and trust irrespective of position or level of others through honesty, integrity, and authenticity.
• Strategic Mindset: sees ahead to future possibilities and translates them into breakthrough strategies
• Courage: Steps up to address difficult issues, saying what needs to be said.
Of course we understand that if you tick all the boxes you are the candidate of our dreams, but please don't hesitate to respond when you have the feeling that you can check most of the boxes but not all of them!
OfferA challenging position for the legal counsel who is seeking a next step or just loves to operate in a company where not everything is al ready settled.
InteresseDo you recognize yourself in the above profile? Please send your CV and we will get in touch with you. For more information about this role or our services you can contact Natascha Jonkers (06-51459535) or Desiree Mohrmann (06-51463224). Discretion is guaranteed.