Legal Advisor Global Wind Service
Our new client, Global Wind Service (GWS), is a leading supplier of manpower for wind turbine installation and servicing, headquartered in Denmark and has offices located in 10 countries and around 1,300 technicians working across the globe. Their business is dynamic, fast-paced, flexible and adaptable to their clients’ needs in order to deliver excellent service and results. Through their focus on cross-cultural awareness and local knowledge, GWS established unique and highly specialised skills to meet client demands safely and efficiently. GWS has a strong team culture, and they are always looking for smart, hard-working people who strive for excellence in their work and appreciate collaboration.
Global Wind Service has 15 years of experience servicing wind industry clients all over the world with onshore and offshore wind turbine pre-assembly, installation, inspection, repair, and maintenance. Their services range from large-scale project execution - including risk assessments, documentation, logistics manning, tools, equipment, and cranes - to small, specialized teams for specific tasks. A long-term partner backed by a solid, family-owned company (Fred. Olsen) that continuously invests in the wind industry.
Global Wind Service has worked with all major wind players such as Alstom, Vestas, Orsted, Vattenfall, E.ON, Siemens Gamesa, Goldwind, EWT, Enercon etc. More information at the company website: Global Wind Service Leading wind turbine service company.
About the role Legal Advisor Global Wind Service
Due to continued growth we are looking for a Legal Advisor to join the GWS Legal department (2 fte) in The Netherlands to support the business with all legal matters. With this role you are part of the global Finance, Legal and IT function and you will report to the Head of Legal, Elvira Roeterink.
You are responsible for providing support in all legal matters and creating legal awareness within the company. Ensuring that GWS’s contractual commitments are meeting an acceptable risk level in order to control, mitigate and manage risk. We are looking for a candidate who is a strong communicator and negotiator, with knowledge of general contract law who is able to manage communication, training and legal awareness with key stakeholders, and across the company.
Your main responsibilities are:
- Support to the sales team, including contract review, preparing contract deviations and contract drafting of customer and subcontractor contracts in different jurisdictions;
- Participation in contract negotiations;
- Draft standard contract templates;
- Contract management support and (insurance) claim handling;
- Advise on and review of other documents, such as bank guarantees, Parent Company Guarantees and NDA’s;
- Provide legal and contractual support to the business on all kinds of legal matters and areas;
- Develop and maintain guidelines and procedures;
- Provide training of the internal organisation on contractual and legal matters.
Why should you apply for this company and role? We asked Elvira (Head Legal): 'The wind industry is growing rapidly and is an important part of the renewable energy sector. This presents opportunities and challenges for Global Wind Service and its lawyers. As a Legal Advisor at Global Wind Service you will work with colleagues from around the world on our international projects, from the sales phase to the end of the project. You will apply your thorough knowledge of what Global Wind Service does when reviewing our contracts, but also during the project phase or when giving legal training. This way you contribute to the success of GWS every day!
Requirements Legal Advisor Global Wind Service
- University Master degree in (Dutch of European) law with at least 5 years of experience from a similar position in an international commercial organisation or in a law firm.
- Substantial experience in commercial contracting, including drafting and negotiating, preferably of complex international project contracts.
- You like to be challenged by complex legal and contractual questions and you have a commercial approach to their solution.
- You are a teamplayer and you know how to build relationships with colleagues with diverse professional and cultural backgrounds.
We are looking for a real business legal counsel with a hands-on, flexible attitude and able to create legal awareness in a hectic environment. You are willing to travel internationally.
An exciting job with excellent opportunities for professional and personal development in an inspiring, dynamic, high performing and international work environment in the renewable energy sector. You will be part of a global Team working together on a day-to-day basis, focused on collaboration and continuous improvement of the Legal Service.
SAME CHANCE FOR EVERYONE:
GWS is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, colour, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, and according with all local laws protecting different status.