Senior Legal Advisor Genmab 8+
Our new client Genmab is an international biotechnology company specializing in the creation and development of innovative and differentiated human antibody products, with the aim of improving the lives of cancer patients.
Due to enormous growth Skout is searching for a Senior Legal Advisor to join the Legal team in The Netherlands, located in Utrecht.
Job description Senior Legal Advisor Genmab 8+
For Genmab’ s legal organization we are looking for a dedicated and experienced Senior Legal Advisor to join the team in the Netherlands.
The global legal organization consists of over 20 colleagues in Copenhagen (DK), Utrecht (NL), Princeton (US) and Tokyo (JP) and is divided into different departments and local roles.
As Senior Legal Advisor you will part of the Corporate, local site support team reporting to the Vice President, Global Commercialization and enabling functions, Legal based in Copenhagen. The role will primarily focus on the site-specific activities of the Dutch site (HR, Corporate, Real Estate and Facilities) but will also be providing legal support and advice to other global departments (such as Finance and Procurement). You’ll work closely with legal site supports from the other Genmab offices.
As Senior Legal Advisor, you will work closely together with devoted colleagues in the organization and with internal and external collaboration partners.
Responsibilities Your key responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Work with NL HR operations’ team with reviewing, drafting and negotiating Dutch or International employee related agreements, incl. employment agreements; generate and review templates and the employee handbook, as well as providing legal advice on- and training related to HR matters such as vacation, pension, etc.
- Work with NL site management and HR on works council matters; providing strategic advice, reviewing documentation, and providing advice to local and global business partners.
- Responsible for providing legal advice on corporate matters, including advice related to the Genmab Dutch legal entities and review and negotiate related agreements and documents.
- Provide guidance for our NL Facilities team regarding legal matters related to our NL facilities, e.g. lease agreements, office and lab related agreements, etc.
- Ad-hoc support to the Global Procurement and Global Finance functions such a s contract reviews and legal advice.
Ideal profile Senior Legal Advisor Genmab 8+
- A Dutch Master of Law and 8+ years of relevant work experience from the biotech/pharmaceutical industry and/or law firm servicing life science clients is preferred but not a requirement;
- Working on corporate, facility, real estate and (international) employment and/or works council matters;
- Experience from the life science industry is a preference, but not a requirement. At least you have keen interest in working in the field of life science.
Moreover you meet the following requirements: • Proven ability to work collaboratively on a cross functional teams; • Experience working in an international environment with a commercial-mindset and solution-oriented with an ability to analyze legal situations, understand the facts and the client’s business position and efficiently assimilate information from a variety of sources; • Excellent verbal/written communication and negotiating skills; • Ability to work independently as well as in teams with a proactive and open mindset; • Good sense of quality combined with personal drive and a positive attitude and the ability to work in a fast-paced environment; • Result and goal-oriented and committed to contributing to the overall success of Genmab.
Genmab will offer a challenging position, where the right candidate will have the opportunity to work with highly specialised people across functions in an informal, multicultural environment, with an aim to make a difference in the lives of people with cancer. Genmab offers an attractive compensation and benefit package.
Do you recognize yourself in the above profile? Please reach out to us or send your CV and we will get in touch with you. For more information about this role or our services you can contact Natascha Jonkers (06-51459535) or Desiree Mohrmann (06-51463224). Discretion is guaranteed.