Senior Legal Counsel 8+ Xebia
Our client Xebia is an pioneering IT consultancy (Dutch) company with an international network of more than 5.000 passionate and ambitious technologists, pioneering craftspeople, dedicated to exploring (and creating) new frontiers in IT, that came to the market 20 years ago. Being so long on the market has allowed Xebia build a profound expertise across the board, from software development, IT architecture, DevOps, Cloud and Cybersecurity, to building Data Driven and Agile organizations with the sole purpose of helping organizations make most of the value promised by technology. Together, they provide the cutting-edge tools, training, and consulting services that today’s businesses need to work better, smarter, and faster. They are turning the latest technology trends into advantages for our customers, and they are always looking for the best and brightest talent to join them. Their culture is an informal one and driven by Xebia’s four business principles, Responsibility, Entrepreneurship & Innovation, Sense of Urgency and Results. As the digital ambitions of their clients grow, so is Xebia looking to scale and use its experience to create ever more value, moving the needle on the success of Digital and Agile Transformations at the prime companies in the Netherlands like ING, Unilever, Philips, Bol.com, Ahold, Schiphol, Elsevier, Heineken, Grandvision, Keylane, NXP, KPN and Shell and globally with offices in the United States, India and Dubai expanding quickly to new shores working for more prime companies like Levi Strauss &Co., PwC, Adecco, Walt Disney, Société Générale, Delta Airlines and Ernst & Young. Xebia has offices in the United States, India, the Netherlands, Belgium, Germany, Denmark, Dubai, the United Kingdom, Poland, Spain, Switzerland, Canada, Mexico, Vietnam, Singapore, Australia and Colombia.
Due to this ongoing growth Skout is on an exclusive basis looking for a Senior Legal Counsel to expand their legal team in The Netherlands (4fte).
Role description Senior Legal Counsel 8+ Xebia
In this key role, you will be working closely with and directly reporting to the Chief Legal Officer, Ruud van Herpen, as well as with the management team and the business on a day-to-day basis to further build the legal department and to provide the business with legal support, both in- and outside of the Netherlands. Given the upcoming expansive and rapid growth through international expansion and acquisitions Xebia has contemplated, this is a great opportunity for a (Senior) Legal Counsel who is an independent self-starter with excellent drafting and negotiation skills and has the ability to think and execute both strategically and tactically. Facilitator and coaching role within the team to other more junior legal counsels. You have strong developed interpersonal skills, to be able to bring the maximum added value to clients and other stakeholders. As this is a newly created role, you will be exposed to a variety of legal work, including various commercial contracts and other jurisdictions. You work closely for and with the business, to ensure that the work is always done with the four core values of Xebia in mind; People First, Sharing Knowledge, Customer Intimacy and Quality without compromise.
Responsibilities and activities
- Providing legal support to Xebia’s business in the broadest sense, responding fast, with high quality and a keen eye on the interests of the parties involved to achieve solid legal solutions: from drafting, reviewing and negotiating (complex) commercial contract documentation, to understanding of legal issues that might arise in relation to aforementioned documents and to translate into business needs and action, answering questions from (internal) clients and other stakeholders, corporate work and working on matters related to corporate governance, GDPR etc.;
- Hands-on approach to provide (ad-hoc) legal support when needed, on each level throughout the Xebia organization with the willingness to embrace new legal technology to enhance legal processes where possible;
- Responsible for and eager to improve and keep all legal documentation continuously aligned with the latest legal developments and building further on existing policies, legal structure and the legal department as a whole.
Ideal profile Senior Legal Counsel 8+ Xebia
This is an exciting opportunity for a hands-on, reliable and enthusiastic lawyer who is looking for a next step in his or her career.
You’ll bring to the table:
- A Master degree in Dutch laws, obtained from a reputable Dutch University;
- 8+ years of relevant work experience as a lawyer, either obtained as inhouse legal counsel and/or at a law firm in a dynamic, high-performing and fast-paced environment;
- A legal background in Information Technology, solid knowledge of IP/IT laws, experience with commercial law and data privacy law;
- An open, responsive attitude and the curiosity to learn and further develop yourself both personally and professionally;
- A down to earth, solution-drive mentality and strong commercial acumen;
- The ability to work both independent and in a team, whereby you always strive for the maximum result without losing the team spirit;
- You easily approach others, and others can easily approach you; you have excellent interpersonal skills to maintain and build (new) relationships;
- Excellent written and communication skills in both Dutch and English
PropositionAn interesting and responsible key position within a rapidly growing IT consultancy organization with international growth ambitions. You will be surrounded with ambitious, smart people and will work with different teams on a day-to-day basis to maximize your own potential. You will be exposed to various types of legal work, no day is the same! The position is full time (40 hours per week), with the possibility to work partially from home.
InteresseDoes this all sounds good to you? Than please reach out to us and send your CV and we will get in touch with you. Also for more information about this role or our services you can contact Natascha Jonkers (06-51459535) or Desiree Mohrmann (06-51463224). Discretion is guaranteed.