Legal Counsel Kinly Amsterdam
Kinly is a private equity backed global provider of AV collaboration services and support to ensure a lasting harmony between the solutions they provide and the people who use them—because great things happen when people work together. Kinly’s approach is anchored in customer success. Instead of starting with technology, they cooperate to examine the customer’s needs, wants, and spaces before designing a proposition. Their brand promise is Working together. Everywhere. And their role is to provide a seamless and reliable experience that enables people to work together, in different spaces and places. Currently we are looking for an experienced Legal Counsel. The company employs approx. 1200 people globally of which approx. 200 in the Netherlands. The company’s other main offices are located in the US, UK, Norway and several countries in APAC.
Job description Legal Counsel Kinly AmsterdamThis role is a great opportunity if you want to work at a growing international PE driven company. As a Legal Counsel you will work on a wide variety of matters with a focus on day to day legal issues. You will work alongside the General Counsel. The work focuses mainly on commercial contracting both on the sales as well as procurement side. In addition the corporate housekeeping of legal entities around the globe falls withing your responsibilities. You will also be the Global Privacy officer and in that capacity work closely together with the local privacy officers to ensure GDPR compliance. Off course you will play an active role in drafting, advising and negotiating various commercial contracts and all sorts of agreements in the different jurisdictions the company is active in, providing input from a legal and a business perspective. You will proactively serve the local businesses; identify and mitigate legal risks. You have the capacity to reduce legal risks and keep the business compliant but commercially in pace. You have the ability and consciousness to sell the legal department pro-actively by acting as a business partner providing legal support to your stakeholders and creating your own publicity.
Requirements Legal Counsel Kinly Amsterdam
- At least 5-7 years of relevant working experience as a legal professional gained at either a law firm, in combination with or solely relevant experience as in-house counsel;
- Generalist with knowledge of and experience in commercial law and a solid basis in corporate law and data privacy law, especially GDPR. If you have any experience in or are a (qualified) lawyer under either UK, US or Norwegian law this is a big plus;
- Entrepreneurial, commercial thinker, ambitious, and enthusiastic to further shape the legal function;
- Strong personality, committed, accurate, organized, good social skills;
- Result driven with a continuous mind-set to improve;
- Business- and solution minded with a hands-on pro-active approach and delivering results;
- Highly proficient in English, speaking & writing.
- Analytical, pragmatic and able to find a balance between the legal and business reality;