Legal Counsel @ Braskem
Created in August 2002 by the merger of six companies from the Odebrecht Group and the Mariani Group, today Braskem is the largest petrochemical company in the Americas and the world's leading biopolymer producer. Braskem produces polyethylene (PE), polypropylene (PP) and polyvinyl chloride (PVC) resins, as well as basic petrochemicals such as ethylene, propylene, butadiene, chlorine, benzene, toluene, etc.
Braskem operates in the chemical and petrochemical industry and plays a significant role in other production chains that are essential to economic development. In this context, chemicals and plastics help create sustainable solutions that improve people's lives in areas such as housing, food and transportation. Braskem has production units in Brazil, the United States, Mexico and Germany, as well as 16 regional offices in other countries to forge partnerships and develop integrated solutions for Clients. Braskem's European headquarters are based in Rotterdam.
Jobdescription Legal Counsel @ Braskem
Working at Braskem is working in a close knit legal team. It is a demanding position, but if you like a challenge it would suit you perfect!
- Coordination of legal advice and guidance to the commercial areas on laws and regulations that impact the Company’s operations in Europe & Asia;
- The correct use of the Company’s Contract Management System by its users, in accordance with the Company’s internal rules;
- The development of training programs for employees to transfer knowledge and ensure compliance with applicable policies and regulations;
- Manage external counsel (in different jurisdictions) to assist in legal matters that require additional counsel, including assessing the quality of the work and cost efficiency.
- Provide day-to-day legal advice and support to various business areas in respect to commercial transactions and manage the compliance risks;
- Review, negotiate, draft and provide advice on commercial, logistics and procurement contracts for Europe & Asia (EA), supporting teams in E&A, and manage associated risks thereof;
- Assist in drafting and reviewing standard templates and other legal documents;
- Provide legal advice related to the Company’s External Affairs (ensure rules for participation of the Company in Associations and other entities in EA are abide by);
- General legal advice and support related to commercial claims and superveniences;
- Support the Legal Coordinator with legal matters related to Circular Economy Projects;
- Review of Guiding Documents (internal Policies, Directives and Procedures) drafted by other areas;
- Provide legal counsel and guidance to ensure compliance with Company policies and applicable regulations;
- Implementation of relevant guidelines of the Corporate Legal department;
- Perform other related duties as may be assigned from time to time.
- Cooperate with all related legal topics in the Braskem European and Asian legal entities;
- Drive the coordination of the activities relating to the legal affairs in such way to guarantee it meets the applicable legislation.
Requirements Legal Counsel @ Braskem• Dutch Law degree required (BA and LL.M.);
• 5-10 years work related experience of post-qualification experience in a major law firm or international corporation;
• Knowledge to provide legal advice (opinions, contracts analysis and business modalities);
• Commercial law background (experience with a Multinational Group is a plus);
• Pro-active self-starter, who can work well independently and in a team; willingness to learn;
• Speaking: Fluency in English and Dutch (required) / German and/or Portuguese (differential);
• Writing/Reading: Fluency in English and Dutch (required).
OfferDoes this all sounds good to you? Than please reach out to us and send your CV and we will get in touch with you. For more information about our services you can contact Natascha Jonkers (06-51459535) or Desiree Mohrmann (06-51463224). Discretion is guaranteed.
InteresseDoes this all sounds good to you? Than please reach out to us and send your CV and we will get in touch with you. For more information about our services you can contact Natascha Jonkers (06-51459535) or Desiree Mohrmann (06-51463224). Discretion is guaranteed.