Data Protection Lead Catawiki
Born and raised in The Netherlands, Catawiki is Europe’s largest curated platform for buying & selling special objects in the most easy & reliable manner. Today, Catawiki has grown to > 500 Catawikians working across the globe and who are proud to have maintained the start-up mentality. Their mission is to connect passionate enthusiasts across the globe with special objects that have interesting stories behind them. Catawiki is a marketplace that operates across 29 categories grouped under 3 business verticals : Collectables, Art & Antiques, Luxury & Mobility.
Jobdescription Data Protection Lead Catawiki
As Data Protection Lead you will be part of Catawiki’s dedicated Legal, Risk & Compliance team and you will be equipped with the resources to live up to your tasks, and report directly to Catawiki’s Director of Legal & Risk. The responsibilities of the Data Protection Lead include being a trusted adviser, monitoring and facilitating Catawiki’s compliance with GDPR and local data protection laws and acting as a primary point of contact with supervisory authorities and data subjects. You will have direct access to top management to secure your independence.
● Advise management and business on everything related to data protection within Catawiki;
● Oversee and further develop Catawiki’s data protection strategy to ensure compliance with applicable and evolving (international) data protection laws (including the GDPR and ePrivacy);
● Assist in the continuous enhancement of Catawiki’s data protection framework, policies and procedures;
● Conduct regular privacy framework assessments and audits to ensure compliance with applicable data protection laws and internal policies and procedures (i.e. data retention policies);
● Lead the data protection governance structure within Catawiki (heading and coordinating with Privacy Champions and other Catawiki stakeholders to ensure privacy-by-design at all levels);
● Responsible for the GDPR awareness training program and materials including collaboration with different stakeholders to raise employee awareness of data privacy and security issues;
● Provide timely notification to Catawiki business and management of both current and emerging relevant developments in the field of data protection law (including regulatory changes, case law, guidance from the EDPB or local supervisory authorities);
● Act as primary point of contact to data subjects and ensure queries from data subjects are adequately dealt with within legal timeframes (e.g. access or deletion requests);
● Act as primary and accessible point of contact to a wide range of internal stakeholders within Catawiki i.e. employees, Commercial Operations, Privacy Champions, Marketing, Security and Tech teams etc;
● Act as primary point of contact and liaise with relevant Data Protection Authorities;
● Identify and evaluate Catawiki’s data processing activities and maintain i.e. the record of processing activities and notices to individuals;
● Responsible for 3rd party risk management workflow, such as performing Data Protection Impact Assessments (DPIAs) and providing advice to the business with respect to associated risks including the negotiation of associated contracts;
● Evaluate data breaches, coordinate data breach response with the relevant stakeholders and ensure timely notifications to the Data Protection Authority and data subjects (to the extent required);
● Inform and advise management of relevant privacy risks. Draw Catawiki’s management attention to any (potential) failure to comply with applicable data protection laws;
● Collaborate with Security and Tech functions to ensure our IT systems and procedures comply with relevant data protection laws. Advise on GDPR compliant and data secure system engineering and architecture as needed.
Requirements: what do you bring with you! Data Protection Lead Catawiki● Relevant experience (7 years+) and certified in the field of data protection and legal compliance
● Expertise in national data protection laws including expert knowledge of GDPR & e-Privacy
● IAPP-CIPP, IAPP-CIPM, CISSP, or other relevant certification is preferred
● Solid understanding of digital marketing, information technologies and data security
● Fluency or ease of communication, in a professional context, at least in Dutch & English
● Knowledge of data processing operations in an online platform/marketplace/tech driven company is preferred
● Ability to perform duties and tasks in an independent and impartial manner (also vis-à-vis decision-makers within Catawiki, with integrity and high professional ethics)
● Good communicative and organizational skills with attention to detail
● Experience with designing and presenting compliance training that positively engages its audience and calls to action
● Comfortable to take ownership
● Confident to identify and act upon any areas where improvements are needed
● Can-do mentality with a passion to drive and take GDPR compliance to a next level
● Ability to make pragmatic, solid, risk-based judgements regarding data privacy and to prioritize resources and activity around managing those risks.
This is your chance to become part of a fast but sustainable growing tech company! You'll be part of an enthusiastic, highly motivated team of 500+ international Catawikians; you'll have big responsibilities and can really create something. Additionally you can expect:
- Working with a top notch team acting on a champions league level in a super complex dynamic environment; you will learn a lot!
- A diverse and international team with over 50 different nationalities.
- A great office located in the heart of Amsterdam with an easy-going atmosphere.
- A very entrepreneurial environment encourages everyone to take initiative and experiment with new ideas. You’ll actively contribute to the growth of the Catawiki platform.
- Tailor-made trainings to facilitate your personal and professional growth.
- Stock Options: All Catawikians are granted 100 Stock Options after 12 months of service.
InteresseDoes this all sounds good to you? Than please reach out to us and send your CV and we will get in touch with you. For more information about our services you can contact Natascha Jonkers (06-51459535) or Desiree Mohrmann (06-51463224). Discretion is guaranteed.