Legal Counsel Catawiki (German speaking)
Born and raised in The Netherlands, Catawiki is Europe’s largest curated platform for buying & selling special objects in the most easy & reliable manner. Today, Catawiki has grown to > 500 Catawikians working across the globe and who are proud to have maintained the start-up mentality. Their mission is to connect passionate enthusiasts across the globe with special objects that have interesting stories behind them. Catawiki is a marketplace that operates across 29 categories grouped under 3 business verticals : Collectables, Art & Antiques, Luxury & Mobility.
For the busines verticle Collectibles we are looking for an experienced, ambitious and enthusiastic legal counsel.
Jobdescription Legal Counsel Catawiki (German speaking)
Your work encompasses a wide variety of activities, so here are some highlights:
- First point of contact for any regulatory compliance topic or user disputes in the DACH territory;
- Be appointed as a dedicated business partner for the business line collectibles;
- Ability to manage and obtain value from outside counsel on multiple litigation matters and any compliance related topics;
- Advising internal stakeholders on a.o. consumer law, e-commerce requirements and general contract law or any relevant regulatory compliance topic;
- Drafting, reviewing and negotiating a wide range of commercial contracts, including SaaS agreements, terms and conditions, vendor contracts, and supervising contract management;
- Proactively keep up with new legislation and market developments and ensure Catawiki’s compliance;
- Handling other project-based work within the scope of the legal department responsibilities on a as-needed basis;
- Advise and guide the business teams on complex legal issues and develop creative solutions, pro-actively managing legal and business risks and resolving disputes;
- Enhancing legal awareness, including on relevant regulatory compliance topics;
- Pro-actively supporting the legal team in ‘being geeky’ by enhancing productivity and efficiency.
What do you bring with you! Legal Counsel Catawiki (German speaking)
- You are a fully qualified lawyer in German law (this is PREFERABLE but NOT a must have) with an international mindset;
- Additionally, you’ve got a minimum of 5 years of legal experience, we would love it if you have a background as legal inhouse counsel at an international (tech) company;
- Able to work at incredible speed and with focus is a must for this role, candidates must be able to prioritize; responsibilities to manage a large workload with tight timelines;
- Passionate about the legal challenges in a dynamic and fast paced international online environment;
- Strong verbal and written communication and presentation skills;
- Proven project management skills;
- Ability to manage and obtain value from outside counsel;
- You have a self-starter mentality and results-driven team player attitude;
- You feel comfortable to act as a business partner and develop creative approaches to managing (newly arising and uncommon) legal risks and resolving disputes, taking into account the business needs and objectives;
- Familiarity with EU commercial and consumer law, internet laws and issues, including understanding of the E-Commerce Directive and their application to online platforms;
- Proven flexible, creative & pragmatic problem solver and analytical thinker;
- Fluent in German and English, both spoken and written (fluency or familiarity with any other languages is a plus);
- Proven expertise in corporate governance, corporate law, or any relevant regulatory compliance topic is also a plus.
This is your chance to become part of a fast but sustainable growing tech company! You'll be part of an enthusiastic, highly motivated team of 500+ international Catawikians; you'll have big responsibilities and can really create something. Additionally you can expect:
- Working with a top notch team acting on a champions league level in a super complex dynamic environment; you will learn a lot!
- A diverse and international team with over 50 different nationalities.
- A great office located in the heart of Amsterdam with an easy-going atmosphere.
- A very entrepreneurial environment encourages everyone to take initiative and experiment with new ideas. You’ll actively contribute to the growth of the Catawiki platform.
- Tailor-made trainings to facilitate your personal and professional growth.
- Stock Options: All Catawikians are granted 100 Stock Options after 12 months of service.
InteresseDoes this all sounds good to you? Than please reach out to us and send your CV and we will get in touch with you. For more information about our services you can contact Natascha Jonkers (06-51459535) or Desiree Mohrmann (06-51463224). Discretion is guaranteed.