Legal Counsel Europe
“Innovation is more than a process, it’s our culture”
Our client is a leading global supplier in the packaging industry, passionate about sustainability and has a reputation for innovation. They push the boundaries of what’s possible, pioneering new production methods, new design techniques and new ways to recycle and save energy. Their aim is to reduce any negative environmental impact while remaining economically sustainable and socially responsible. With 57 production facilities in 12 countries and more than 16.000 people. Due to continuous growth we are looking for a Legal Counsel who is able to provide legal advice in various jurisdictions on a broad area of different fields of law. You will join the European Legal department and work together with and report to the General Counsel Europe in The Netherlands. The culture is characterised by three core values: Trust, Teamwork and Excellence.
Functie omschrijving Legal Counsel Europe
This role is a second or third step in your career. You are a generalist who is able to provide legal advice in various jurisdictions on a broad area of different fields of law. Your primary responsibilities will be to draft and review the group’s commercial contracts in Europe, with a focus on sales contracts. You provide legal advice to the business in relation to claims and litigation matters of the group’s subsidiaries in the concerned jurisdictions that the position is responsible for. Besides this you manage the corporate housekeeping of a number of the group’s European subsidiaries (the Netherlands, France, Italy and Spain) and you ensure their overall compliance with all legal and regulatory requirements. Furthermore you provide guidance to specific projects. You will report to the General Counsel Europe in The Netherlands and you will closely coordinate with the 6 (Senior) Legal Counsels Europe on contract related matters.
Quote European Legal team: Come and join us if you are looking for a truly international role within Group Legal Europe. You will be working for a dynamic, ever growing and changing business which is driven by our obsession with quality and commitment to continuous improvement and is built on our core values of trust, teamwork and excellence. On top of that, sustainability is top on the agenda. If this sounds like the right environment for you, apply now!
Functie eisen Legal Counsel Europe
- Dutch law degree is a must; additional degree in a continental European jurisdiction is a distinct plus;
- 4-7 years of professional work experience in an international environment and working on commercial matters;
- Commercial and business law generalist with capacity to adapt quickly to new fields of law/jurisdictions;
- Strong intercultural competences to interact with a team of lawyers of different jurisdictions;
- Strong communication skills to interact with business contacts of all levels - commercial and operational teams;
- Personal qualities: reliable, transparent, discreet, persistent, rigorous, sense of humour and can do attitude, mobility;
- Able to juggle multiple tasks and prioritize accordingly while maintaining a sense of composure and calm;
- Ability to manage negotiations and demands of business contacts;
- Speaks English (working language);
- The job will require occasional travelling (appr. 10%).
Available for 4 or 5 days a week.