Legal Counsel Europe 5+ Ardagh Group
"On average, people open seven items of packaging a day. That is around 140,000 over a typical lifetime"
Our new client Ardagh Group is a global supplier of sustainable, infinitely recyclable, metal and glass packaging for brand owners around the world. Ardagh operates 57 production facilities in 12 countries, employing 16,000+ people. The consistent pursuit of market-leading innovation, quality and customer service, backed by investment in our people and processes, has underpinned rapid growth over the past two decades.
Along with innovation, sustainability is hugely important to Ardagh and they only supply materials that are 100% infinitely recyclable. Collection and recycling infrastructures are well established for glass, steel and aluminium and they utilise these to the full in all of their markets.
The people that make up Ardagh share much more than a strong brand and an excellent reputation, they each share a common vision: to be the preferred packaging partner to brand owners around the world. The future they are creating for Ardagh is built around the company’s three core values of Trust, Teamwork and Excellence.
For more information on Ardagh Group, visit www.ardaghgroup.com.
Job description Legal Counsel Europe 5+ Ardagh Group
Due to continuous growth we are looking for a generalist who is able to provide legal advice in various jurisdictions on a broad area of different fields of law. Your primary responsibilities will be to draft and review the group’s commercial contracts in Europe, with a focus on sales contracts and finance related contracts. You will provide legal advice to the business in relation to claims and litigation matters of the group’s subsidiaries in the concerned jurisdictions that the position is responsible for. Besides this you will manage the corporate housekeeping of a number of the group’s European subsidiaries (the Netherlands, France, Italy and Spain) and you will ensure their overall compliance with all legal and regulatory requirements. Furthermore you will provide guidance to specific projects including financing, acquisitions as well as set up and closure of plants. You will report to the General Counsel Europe in The Netherlands and you will closely coordinate with the 6 (Senior) Legal Counsels Europe on contract related matters.
Annemieke Bolt, General Counsel Europe: Come and join Ardagh if you are looking for a truly international role within Group Legal Europe. You will be working for a dynamic, ever growing and changing business which is driven by our obsession with quality and commitment to continuous improvement and is built on our core values of trust, teamwork and excellence. On top of that, sustainability is top on the agenda. If this sounds like the right environment for you, apply now!
Requirements Legal Counsel Europe 5+ Ardagh Group
- Dutch law degree is a must; additional degree in a continental European jurisdiction is a distinct plus;
- 5-8 years of professional work experience in an international environment and working on commercial matters;
- Commercial and business law generalist with capacity to adapt quickly to new fields of law/jurisdictions;
- Strong intercultural competences to interact with a team of lawyers of different jurisdictions;
- Strong communication skills to interact with business contacts of all levels - commercial and operational teams;
- Personal qualities: reliable, transparent, discreet, persistent, rigorous, sense of humour and can do attitude, mobility;
- Able to juggle multiple tasks and prioritize accordingly while maintaining a sense of composure and calm;
- Ability to manage negotiations and demands of business contacts;
- Speaks English (working language);
- The job will require occasional travelling (appr. 10%).
A truly international role within Group Legal Europe working for a dynamic, ever growing and changing business which is driven by our unrivalled expertise, obsession with quality and commitment to continuous improvement. Ardagh provides the right candidate with the opportunity to grow both personally as well as professionally into an all-round, highly skilled and hands on in-house counsel supporting the business in their every need. Competitive salary (including bonus) and friendly, diverse Legal team.
InteresseDoes this all sounds good to you? Than please reach out to us and send your CV and we will get in touch with you. For more information about our services you can contact Natascha Jonkers (06-51459535) or Desiree Mohrmann (06-51463224). Discretion is guaranteed.