Head of Legal NL 5CA
This position is filled. Do you recognize yourself in the above profile and would you like to be called next time for similar positions? Please send your CV and we will get in touch with you. For more information about our services you can contact Natascha Jonkers (06-51459535) or Desiree Mohrmann (06-51463224). Discretion is guaranteed.
Our client is 5CA, and for the past 20 years, they have used their expertise to help clients build their Customer Experience (CX) & Customer Support (CS) strategies. Primarily focused on the video games and consumer electronics industries, they provide omnichannel support using the latest technological innovations to deliver outstanding customer support. With a large proportion of our workforce being remote and leveraging best-of-breed SaaS tools, 5CA is a highly flexible and dynamic company able to help clients deliver a great customer experience, headquartered in Utrecht, The Netherlands, with offices in Los Angeles and Hong Kong. At 5CA all employees share a thirst for new and exciting technology and gaming as the binding factor.
Job description Head of Legal NL 5CA
The global “work from home” workforce at 5CA is expanding and evolving, causing further complexity and challenges within the corporate structure. Growth is also causing the size of the commercial deals to grow rapidly, resulting in a need for a strong legal adviser who can collaborate with the sales department to negotiate and close business-critical deals. You give most wanted advise on global projects to ensure that expansion is done correctly, by identifying legal challenges and opportunities while taking business agility into account as well. You will be working closely with key stakeholders to ensure optimal decision-making and minimize legal risk where possible. Lastly, you will take the legal department to the next level, by providing a clear long-term vision and an empowering, non-hierarchic leadership style, striving to build a business savvy legal function, to ensure 5CA’s long-term success.
As Head of Legal at 5CA you will be the go-to person for all legal questions and issues. In addition to your own projects, you will manage and coach a Junior Legal & Privacy Counsel and an intern, and coordinate and manage external advisors if and when involved. In addition you will be responsible for all (regulatory) compliance, including GDPR.
The successful candidate acts as a business partner, is hands-on, pro-active and result-oriented, and aligned with the objectives of the business. You manage complexity and simplify ideas to enable common understanding that leads to action; you propose business-oriented solutions, and influence a wider network through strategic and pragmatic guidance.
Responsibilities, in short:
• Increase legal & risk awareness;
• Ensure that legal, regulatory and compliance issues and concerns within the company are being appropriately evaluated, investigated and resolved;
• Proactively advise high-level stakeholders on strategic legal topics regarding 5CA’s global expansion, focusing on expanding our corporate structure and optimizing business agility at the same time;
• Draft, review and negotiate commercial contracts that meet the company’s requirements and policies, whilst working collaboratively with the business stakeholders;
• Collaborate with sales, operations, data analytics, IT, finance, HR and other business units throughout the organization to ensure that agreements adequately protect the company’s interests and support the continuous improvement of standard forms of agreement & legal processes;
• Counsel internal customers regarding company policies, legal issues, risk tolerance, specifying and training on internal governance policies and regularly monitor (GDPR) compliance.
Job requirements Head of Legal NL 5CA
Master degree qualification, with solid post qualification experience in middle or top tier law firm and / or a large multinational organization is crucial. You have a minimum of 8 + years of relevant legal experience, including extensive knowledge on international contracting and data privacy /GDPR, the last one is a must have. You have an entrepreneurial mindset, and excellent problem solving and project management skills.
You are definitely a team player with strong business acumen, able to interact and to have a strong impact on all levels, including senior management and board level.
As a legal counsel you are comfortable to act as organizational conscience, balancing sound regulatory (GDPR) compliance with a hands-on business culture.
As a person, you are highly motivated, flexible, pragmatic, hands-on and pro-active and you have a clear understanding of the requirements of working in a fast-paced, high growth international environment.
By experience you have outstanding negotiating and influencing skills, and a talent for non-confrontational, win-win negotiations.
Of course you have strong communication skills, you are fluent in English, you master the Dutch language at least at C1 level.
Job offer• A salary matching market standards including secondary benefits and vacation days;
• A fast-growing organization (double digit growth!) and an international, inclusive company culture;
• An inspiring environment with young, brilliant and creative professionals with whom you will have lots of fun at the office;
• Office in a great location in Utrecht: two minutes walk from the central train station;
• Continuous learning and plenty of opportunities for growth within your field of expertise.