Contract Manager ERTMS @ Thales
The Legal & Contracts team of Thales in the Netherlands consists of about 20 people, based in both Hengelo and Huizen. These are legal counsels, contract managers and trade compliance professionals dedicated to their jobs and the organization. Your future Legal & Contracts coworkers deal with complex legal issues. The main part of their activities exists of assisting the capture team with the drafting, negotiation and closure of (international) contracts and the subsequent execution of those contracts in the project team. These are contracts in an often culturally and politically challenging environment – no two days are the same. And we're looking for you!
Job description Contract Manager ERTMS @ Thales
Do you want to be part of building a secure and reliable railway that ensures the mobility of people and freight across the Netherlands? In Thales, you can work in one of the largest modernization projects for railway in the Netherlands. Location: Huizen.
The contract environment will be complex and will include several development releases and roughly 10 corridors for implementation. Part of the contract will be to guarantee ongoing system performance for 25 years after the last delivery went into operation. The business model of this project is unique and collaboration and interaction with many stakeholders will be key for the project success whilst Thales’ position need to be safeguarded at the same time.
This position interfaces with the Customer and with internal and external subcontractors and suppliers throughout the entire Project Life Cycle, supporting the Project team during the negotiation and subsequent management and execution of the contractual obligations.
The Contract Manager will be in charge of monitoring contract compliance by Thales and Thales’ relationships with the Customer and subcontractors to ensure fulfilment of contractual obligations in a timely manner. Also, the Contract Manager will perform a key integrative function as a member of the Project Management Office (PMO) in an international project team and will facilitate efficient coordination with internal departments (e.g. Finance, Commercial and Risks).
Within the perimeter of the Project, the Contract Manager shall be responsible, i.a. for:
• Management of the (contractual) relationship with the Customer and with subcontractors, preparation of contract notices, correspondence, variation orders, etc. This includes identifying, administrating and maintaining robust contract documentation, to be available at all times to claim or defend against claims, as needed; day-to-day review and follow up on contractual rights and obligations.
• Drafting and negotiating agreements with internal and external subcontractors and suppliers, to support the Project, including ensuring appropriate flow-down of the Customer’s requirements.
• Providing regular education, support and contract clarification and interpretation to the Project team to minimize contractual risk and exposure; providing advice to maximize commercial opportunities for the Project, and suggesting actions accordingly to support Thales business objectives (for example: tracking of and support in achieving/avoiding upcoming bonus/malus milestones).
• Representing the contractual side of the project in Project Meetings, internal and external (with the Customer, subcontractors and other stakeholders).
• Providing early warning and strategic advice to the Project Management, to support risk mitigations and capitalization of opportunities.
• Claims and Variation administration, dashboard reporting and management in close coordination with the Project team and Group internal stakeholders; this includes maintaining a claim strategy together with the Global Project Manager and supporting the Global Project Manager in reporting.
Job requirements Contract Manager ERTMS @ Thales
We seek an experienced Contract Manager fully dedicated to this project, who meets the following skills and qualifications.
You as a Contract Manager have:
• At least 7–10 years of relevant contract management experience, preferably from the Railway industry or similar large and long term IT projects
• Education at master level, e.g. a Law Degree with a high commercial orientation
• Preferably knowledge of Public Procurement practices
• The ability to interpret complex contracts and agreements in a risk environment
• Good negotiation skills and sensitivity to commercial issues
• The ability to work independently, while being a team player within an international multidisciplinary international network and interfere with high level project execution people
• Energy, drive, agility and resilience in achieving work-related goals under challenging circumstances
• Ability to interface well and effectively at all levels in a dynamic multi-cultural environment including internally and externally with customers, partners and suppliers
• Be ready to limited times of heavy workload
• Flexible and open to change
• Technical affinity to keep up to date with the project risks and opportunities
• Excellent written and spoken command of the Dutch and English language or commitment to achieve this level in shortest time, as working language is both Dutch and English
A Dutch passport is a prerequisite due to contracts with the Dutch Government that are ‘Dutch eyes only’.
Job offer• A challenging job in a great team within our high-tech, innovative work environment. Includes the freedom for initiative and good ideas.
• Room for personal and professional growth within our organisation, for example in regards to technical, commercial or international skills.
• Valuable international collaboration with coworkers from 68 different countries around the globe.
• A comfortable work space in a modern environment, with a focus on flexibility and the right work life balance.
• You can usually work where and whenever you want. Within Thales, we aim for a 60/40 balance, where you work from home at least two days a week, when your role allows this.
• A good salary, fitting travel allowance, and the ability to personalise your employment conditions: for instance, you can trade PTO for internet costs, our bicycle plan, company fitness and relocation costs.
• 40 days off per year (PTO).
InteresseDoes this all sounds good to you? Than please reach out to us and send your CV and we will get in touch with you. For more information about our services you can contact Natascha Jonkers (06-51459535) or Desiree Mohrmann (06-51463224). Discretion is guaranteed.