Medior Legal Counsel - circular IT company
FlexIT Distribution is the European market leader and pioneer in circular IT Hardware. In the largest Refurb center in Europe, we extend the life of IT Hardware and thus keep the world a little cleaner every day. In 2018 we supplied more than 1.65 million products, of which more than 500,000 were circular items. Flex IT consists of several labels including FlexIT Distribution, FlexIT Rent and FlexIT Demo. Our vision at Flex IT is to live and breathe circular. At the end of the day this keeps more money in our customers’ pockets, and our planet a bit little bit healthier.
Natalie Holwijn, General Counsel:
'At Flex IT we operate in the IT business with a “greenfield” approach serving an area in the current IT business that is emerging fast, we create new opportunity for selling circular and new IT products and services. With us you need to be prepared to think out of the box.
We are looking for a Legal Counsel with a good set of legal skills, and the ability to bring on new ideas and suitable solutions that complies well with existing legislation. Our main goal is to provide optimal support to our various business units across Europe, with reviewing and negotiating commercial contracts, while adequately addressing all the various issues relevant to such agreements. Besides this, you should not flinch if you receive requests in other fields, such as employment or data protection law as it is all part of the job.
We are private equity owned company which means we have gone through corporate restructurings and are growing our business fast. From the Legal Department this translates to that we are always ready to facilitate and enable the legal part of acquisitions. This means that you will be working in a dynamic business environment that will push you to deliver your best work, while supporting several stakeholders. With that said, our environment also provides opportunity to improve your knowledge and skills. Because our team is small you must be able to proactively and independently pick up cases and be creative and entrepreneurial when coming up with practical solutions. This requires a resilient, positive personality and above all a flexible mindset'.
Job description Medior Legal Counsel - circular IT company
Due to rapid growth we are searching for an energetic and positively minded Legal Counsel: you will strengthen the Legal Department, currently consisting of the General Counsel and an interim Legal Assistant. Together you will form the legal backbone that establishes the legal processes for the various entities in the Netherlands, as well as across Europe. Although relatively young in your career, you are driven to take initiative when it comes to implementing and optimizing processes according to best practices.
What your day will look like:
- Advise several departments (Sales, Marketing, IT, Procurement) in several European countries in a wide variety of legal topics and matters;
- On a daily basis you will draft, develop, prepare and execute contracts and other legal documents of legal/strategic/financial importance including general terms and conditions, sales authorization processes, data privacy matters and corporate governance and compliance;
- Support digitization, contract archiving and legal administrative review;
- Represent the company in disputes; instruct and monitor the work of outside counsel in cooperation with the General Counsel.
Requirements Medior Legal Counsel - circular IT company
- Between 3-5 years of relevant working experience as a inhouse legal counsel and/or as lawyer;
- Generalist with experience in the field of commercial/contract law, who likes to deal with a wide variety of legal topics and matters;
- A team player by nature, while still able to pick up cases proactively and independently, and be creative and entrepreneurial when coming up with practical solutions.
- Business savvy with a problem-solving attitude and not afraid to bring a fresh perspective;
- Strong personality to be a sparring partner for management, organized, good social skills;
- Full working proficiency in English and Dutch;
- An academic degree Dutch law.
- A truly dynamic environment, where a bit of initiative and a self-starting attitude gets you everywhere;
- A platform where your thoughts, ideas (coupled with a bit of elbow-grease) is not only appreciated, but also heard;
- A no-nonsense environment, where decisions are made.
Competitive salary, 27 vacation days for now, and a good pension for later, pension plan through Nationale Nederlanden, where you have an additional savings option. Modern workplace within walking distance of Leiden Lammenschans station. Several times a year the possibility to make discount purchases from our stock of, among others, Apple, HP, Cisco, Lenovo, Dell and Samsung products. As a colleague it is possible to volunteer for one day a year for our IT4Kids Foundation. A travel expenses scheme for both car and public transport. We close the working week with a drink on Friday.
InteresseDo you recognize yourself in the above profile? Please send your CV and we will get in touch with you. For more information about our services you can contact Natascha Jonkers (06-51459535) or Desiree Mohrmann (06-51463224). Discretion is guaranteed.