Legal Counsel NewCold
This position is filled. Do you recognize yourself in the above profile and would you like to be called next time for similar positions? Please send your CV and we will get in touch with you. For more information about our services you can contact Natascha Jonkers (06-51459535) or Desiree Mohrmann (06-51463224). Discretion is guaranteed.
NewCold is service provider in cold chain logistics with a focus on the development and operation of large, highly automated cold stores. NewCold strives to be crucial in the cold chain of leading food companies, by offering advanced logistic services worldwide. We use latest technology to empower our people, to handle food responsibly and to guarantee food safety in a sustainable way. We challenge the industry, believe in long-term partnerships, and deliver solid investment opportunities that enable next generation logistic solutions. NewCold has a global network with 8 locations on three continents. In total NewCold offers over 730,000 pallet positions. We work with a global team of around 750 employees.
Jobdescription Legal Counsel NewCold
This role is a great opportunity if you want to work in a fast growing international PE driven company. As a general Legal Counsel in a small Legal team you assist the business with advice on all legal matters that arise within NewCold and its subsidiaries (commercial law, corporate law and construction law). Reporting to the VP Developments & Legal on a daily basis.
Quote legal team: 'Our company is a company in transition from a relatively new company to a company that can stand up towards its suppliers and customers. We grow so fast, that we, as a organization, are evolving every day. It is a very dynamic environment. You never know what your day will look like and a day is never how you had envisaged it to be. You will find new challenges every single day".
• Provides legal support to the business and answers day-to-day questions;
• Drafts and advises on all sorts of agreements;
• Provides contractual analysis and support during contractual negotiations as well as guidance on contractual interpretation;
• Ensures legal compliance of construction contracts with local law by liaising with local law firms;
• Drafts and formalizes contracts, NDA’s, purchasing conditions and other legal documents mainly relating to construction projects for different jurisdictions;
• Oversees and documents all (potential) legal issues relating to construction projects;
• Proactively informs project management, controlling and engineering on risks, opportunities and points of attention;
• Prepares (draft) letters with respect to disputes and claims;
• Keeps NewCold’s standard Design & Build Contract template up to date;
• Incorporation of new entities and restructuring of entities in joint consultation with the tax department;
• Manages the entities of the NewCold group and ensures compliance with their respective bylaws, including performance of corporate housekeeping tasks such as creating an accessible legal archive and document resolutions of members, shareholders and (supervisory) board.
Profile Legal Counsel NewCold
• You have a Master degree in law and look forward to a second step in your career (appr. 4-7 years of experience);
• You have experience in a law firm or as a legal counsel in a multinational company;
• Broad knowledge in corporate and commercial law (construction contracts, corporate housekeeping, employment, project financings, due diligence);
• Business- and solution minded with a pro-active approach and delivering results;
• Focus on collaboration, strong and assertive communicator;
• Highly proficient in spoken and written English and preferably in one other foreign language (German/French).
OfferNewCold offers a challenging role in a fast-growing organisation. We have the ambition and the potential to rapidly become the market leader in the field of modern and automated cold storage with additional supply chain services such as transport and distribution. Although our proposition comprises an attractive benefits and compensation package, the (international) scope and impact of the position may appeal to you even more.
InteresseDo you recognize yourself in the above profile? Please send us your CV and motivation and we will get in touch with you. For more information about our services you can contact Natascha Jonkers (06-51459535) or Desiree Mohrmann (06-51463224). Discretion is guaranteed.